Two Year Old Classes
for ages 6 to 35 months.
A fun lesson with a serious mission for babies and toddlers ages 6 months - 3 years. With songs and games, our professional baby instructors will work with you and your baby on basic swimming and water safety skills through our curriculum.
SwimBabies, SwimToddlers, SoloTwos Classes, and SuperTwos classes will learn the basics of swimming including: breath control and gentle submersion, floating independently on the front and the back, and unassisted swimming for short distances on the front and the back, and critical water safety skills.SwimBabies with Parent - not walking: ages 6 months to "walking" (approx. 12 months).
SwimToddlers with Parent - walking: ages "walking" (approx. 12 months) to 35 months.
SoloTwos without Parent: for 2-year-olds who are ready to be in a swim lesson without a parent and are learning to be independent in the water.
SuperTwos without Parent: for 2-year-old swimmers who are ready to be in a swim lesson without a parent, are already submerging independently for several seconds and can swim independently from the wall to a parent for several feet.
All of the above classes are offered once/week for 30 minutes. You may start at any time and lesson fees are billed monthly.
Great Reasons to Teach Babies to Swim:
- Even young babies adapt to the water very naturally. Water provides wonderful support and buoyancy for babies who can learn to swim long before they can walk or even sit up!
- While young babies cannot move around well on land, the weightless environment of the water is a great place for babies to exercise their young muscles! Swimming also improves cardiovascular fitness, a great lifelong benefit.
- As SwimBabies classes give babies the opportunity to learn new physical skills; they are developing their neural network, laying the foundation for cognitive development.
- SwimBabies classes give babies a great opportunity to exercise and increase their strength, which often results in the acquisition of other motor skills, such as standing and walking, earlier. Swimming provides the greatest form of bilateral exercise of any sport, which aids babies and toddlers in the development of coordination and balance.
- The exercise babies get in SwimBabies classes, as well as the relaxing warm water, stimulates a baby's appetite and improve baby's eating and sleeping patterns.
- SwimBabies class provides an uninterrupted, wonderful bonding time with your child. Swimming provides babies with lots of skin-to-skin contact with their parents which, psychologists say, strengthens the parent-child bond.
- A positive, early experience in the water gives babies and toddlers a head start on the mastery of water safety skills. Our SwimBabies often transition to more advanced SwimTots classes, as they often have acquired some of the building blocks of swimming ~ breath control, floating, and kicking on top of the water ~ in SwimBabies class.
- As babies learn to achieve goals and independence in the water, their self-confidence blossoms. Nothing speaks to our hearts more than the happy smiles of our babies and their parents in the water! Self-confidence and the setting and attaining of goals fosters a wonderful lifelong pattern of learning, a great way to give your baby a head start!
Click below to view our class schedule and enroll for classes.
Need assistance? Give us a call and we'll happily talk to you
about your child and help you find the best class for them
New to SwimKids? Click below to view our class schedule and enroll for classes.
Register with SwimKids in:
- > Woodbridge
- > Gainesville
- > Leesburg
- > Fredericksburg
If anyone in your family has been in a SwimKids program before you are already in our system!
Click below to go to our Member Login area to view our schedule, and enroll for classes.
- > Member Login